Sunday, April 27, 2014

Time to wake up and see the sign's Dad !

I know it's been along time since any updates on this site have been done. I had been putting most of my efforts into messymark.com but have decided I would start using this site more hence this post.

So this morning I decided to try something with our youngest one (who is usually up at the crack of dawn on the weekends.) She has been working her butt of in school and at home trying to earn a little more trust from us and has been doing a great job at .

The Experiment

I figured I would set up a bowl of cereal for her and set it on the table.
Also pour her a cup of milk to put in her cereal and put it in the refrigerator and leave her a note on the table saying "Good morning Jade I will be up around 9 a.m. Love Dad !"
I know you're thinking well is she going to be able to read that ?
This is what I sat down to this morning when I sat down in my chair to drink my morning coffee.




Sometimes we as parents are blind to the fact that our children understand more than we think.
Granted somethings are misspelled but for the most part she was able to convey her message.
Thinking back to when I was her age(34years ago) I wouldn't have been able to do this well.
Also I must admit this put a huge smile on my face (very hard to do before coffee in the morning !) 

No comments:

Post a Comment